Pasta has long been a quick and easy go-to dish, but sometimes you just want a heavy dish and you’re feeling like something light and fresh. Or, you avoiding (or can’t have) wheat or gluten then this zoodles alternative with garlic, chilli and prawns is an amazing go to and will become a favourite.
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1 long red chilli, finely chopped
400g can cherry tomatoes in juice
16 (750g) medium green prawns, deveined (tails intact)
2 x 250g packets zucchini spaghetti
Finely chopped fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and add the garlic.
- Stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- In a new pan or clean the pan, heat the oil and add chilli and remaining garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and prawns. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until prawns are cooked through.
- Add zoodles. Season. Cook for 1 minute or until just softened.
- Add oregano and basil and toss through
- Serve immediately with fresh lemon
HINT: You can pre-buy the noodles from your local supermarket already made, or with a spiraliser, you can make your own using 500 grams of zucchini.