To celebrate our Anzac’s, we are changing things up a little bit from the traditional Anzac biscuit to an Anzac slice. Not too much of a change, but just a little.
We love the Anzac slice, as it feels inviting to share amongst friends and family as we take a minute to acknowledge our Anzacs later this week on Thursday.
If Anzac slice isn’t for you, you might like to check out our recipe for healthy lamingtons HERE.
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Rapadura Sugar (you can pick some up at our clinics)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
150g butter (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- Pre heats over 180ºC
- Grease and line slice pan with baking paper )pan to be approximately 3cm deep
- Mix flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl
- Place butter and syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate jug, combine bicarbonate soda and hot water. And mix
- Remove butter mixture from heat and add bicarbonate soda mix to butter mix. Stir to combine
- Pour butter mixture into oat and flour mixture. Stir well to ensure all ingredients is combined
- Pour mixture into pan and press evenly using the back of spoon or spatula
- bake 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool in pan, then cut into slices to serve.
NOTE: original recipe and image is from taste.com.au