Walking just 30 minutes a day can do wonders for your health both inside and out. From physical strength, to weight management to mental health, it is the exercise option that is for anyone and best of all, you can do it anywhere.
So why walk for your health? Walking has the potential to;
- Alleviate depression and fatigue
- Limit chronic disease
- Reduce lower back pain
- Increase attention and decision making
- Improve blood pressure
- Improve fitness
- Strengthen quads, hips and hamstrings
- Work your arm and shoulder muscles
- Keep weight in check
These benefits can and will vary for each of us so take care of your health and chat with a medical professional about what is right for you and the benefits that you might receive from walking.
Now that we know the benefits and the fact that we are just a few weeks away from Spring, lets get moving.
- Each week keep it interesting and add an adventure walk in to the program once a week. So grab a friend and plan a walk for this weekend. Here are some great walks around Adelaide.
- Incorporate your walk into your commute. Park a little further away from the office. Get off the bus a few stops earlier.
- Walk in your lunch break. Not only you will achieve the 30 minutes you need each day but this has the added benefit of getting you up and away from your desk, increasing productivity for the afternoon.
- Make it social. Meet a friend. Walk with your partner after dinner. It will keep you motivated and become the 30 minutes you look forward to each day as talking and walking can be good for the mind.
How are you going to find 30 minutes each day for a walk?