We all need a sweet treat every now and then, but it’s even more enjoyable when you your treat also doubles as a healthy option. And thanks to the team at Wholefood Simply who teamed up with True to bring you this recipe, which we are very happy to bring to you. Enjoy!!.
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dry roasted cashews, roughly crushed
- 80 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper overhanging the sides, mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Place the peanut butter and honey for the base into a bowl and mix to combine. Add the protein powder and almond meal and mix to combine. Use your hands to work the mixture into a dough. Press the dough into the base of your prepared tin.
- Place the ingredients for the top layer into a bowl and mix to combine. Pour the mixture evenly over the base and place in the freezer for one hour to set.
- Remove from the freezer and tin and slice into bars. Dip one end of each bar into the melted chocolate and place it onto a tray lined with baking paper. Return to the freezer or fridge to set and to store.
- Eat and enjoy.