RECIPE | Summer Zucchini Ribbon Salad
Summer is coming and it’s time for late night swims on the beach follow by quick and easy dinners. Summer is also the time for salads and this Zucchini Ribbon salad is perfect for Summer nights. With Zucchini and corn, it’s that hit of vegetables and avocado is always a favourite. Just add your preferred on the side and it’s done.
This Zucchini Ribbon Salad was found on website; Two Peas and their Pod who not only had this receipt but 20 other great summer salad recipes that you can check out here.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 cobs cooked sweet corn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh corriander
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted
- Sliced 1/2 cup queso fresco (Mexican cheese) or you can use fetta as this can be hard to find
1. In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil and lime juice together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Trim the ends of the zucchini and yellow squash. With a vegetable peeler, shave lengthwise into long, wide strips about 1/16 inch thick. When you get to the center of the zucchini, turn the squash over and slice from the other side until you get to the center again.
3. Put the zucchini and yellow squash ribbons in a large bowl. Cut the sweet corn kernels off of the cob, cutting close to the cob. Discard cobs. Add sweet corn, cilantro, red onion, and avocado slices to the squash ribbons. Pour olive oil and lime dressing over salad and toss until coated.
4. Crumble queso fresco over the top of the salad and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve and enjoy!